Prof. Dr.-Ing. Astrid Nieße
Astrid Nieße did her studies on Computer Science and Biology at the University of Applied Sciences Bremen and Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg an finished both with a diploma. After two years as a software quality engineer with a focus on test automation in a start up company she started at OFFIS — Institute for Information Technology in 2005.
In the next years she worked as a group manager and researcher and was responsible for setting up new research projects with both academic and industrial partners within the context of energy informatics.
She finished her PhD thesis in 2015 on the application of distributed algorithms for dynamic virtual power plants (VPP). She is cofounder of the Particon GmbH and active in several associations and committees, initiator of the PhD Workshop Energy Informatics, program committee member in several German and international conferences and member of the editorial board of the Springer Journal on Energy Informatics.
Her research focus within the area of digitalization and digital transformation of energy systems is on the application of distributed and selforganized systems to energy system applications — ranging from the field of distributed algorithms to distributed transaction systems.
Phone: +49 (0) 511 762 - 2913
- GI — Gesellschaft für Informatik (German Informatics Society), Fachgruppe Energieinformatik
- VDI GMA — Gesellschaft für Mess- und Automatisierungstechnik im VDI, Fachauschuss 5.15 — Agentensysteme
- IEEE-IES Technical Committee on Industrial Agents (TCIA)
- BMBF Plattform Lernende Systeme - AG4: Geschäftsmodellinnovationen
- EFZN - Energieforschungszentrum Niedersachen
- LiFE2050 - Leibniz Forschungszentrum Energie 2050